Thursday, May 22, 2014

The Many Wonderful Projects of My Paper Pumpkin

Cynthia here with Ink a Doodle Creations!  Thanks for joining me this morning to see what I've been working on for my individual project post!  Well, I started out with something totally different in mind.  That fell through for the time being and I moved onto another great idea.  Why not share and show off the many different kinds of projects you can create, using that lovely little red box that shows up to my, and hopefully your door step each month!!  Lets take a look at what all I did....

This months My Paper Pumpkin kit, contained items for "Father's Day".  I only need two cards, so I used all the left overs to decorate a tag for a box, a 8"x8" scrapbook page and a mini album using the left over envelopes.  Make sure you read to the bottom, for a quick tutorial on how I created the mini album.

  These are the two cards that I created.  The one on the left is the idea they give you in the kit.  The one on the right, I turned the card horizontal and removed about an 1" of the layered banner to fit the height.

This is the 8" scrapbook page that I created.  I did have to pull out a sheet of my own paper.  I used the chevron punch on the two corners and cut off the dsp part of the 3" cards the kit came with to layer behind what I punched.  The also cut off the dsp from a larger card base to use as a photo mat for the page.

The box is decorated using the last banner, that I turned into a tag.  I wrapped and tied a bow using Marina Mist chevron ribbon.

This is the front of the mini album I created using the left over envelopes that came in the kit.  Keep reading, your almost to the end to see how I created it.  You won't believe how easy it was!!

This is showing how I finished it on the inside, using left over pieces from the kit after I made the two cards.  The two mini envelopes are now flaps and can be flipped to add a photo too or leave for journaling.

                                        Ok, I've made you wait long enough...here is how I created this mini album.

Step #1:  Face the two larger envelopes together like in the picture...

Step #2:  Slide the left envelope flat inside the pocket of the envelope on the right...

Step #3:  Close the enveloped and add some glue to the outside flat and attach down.  This will get covered by your outside layer so it won't be seen...


Step #4:  I used the cut off pieces from the two unused card bases for my layers on the inside.  When adding adhesive, make sure you don't place it on the envelope pocket side cause that is where you slide the mini envelopes inside of...

 Step #5:  Now place adhesive on the inside of the flap and slide underneath the album pocket as shown in the picture.  You have just now created your first flip flap...


 Step #6:  Now do the same thing to the left hand side of album.  Now your done and ready to decorate as you wish!  See I told you it was easy peasy!!!
Again, thank you for stopping by.  I hope I have INKspired you to go create new things with your kit!

Supplies Used
June My Paper Pumpkin Kit
Add ons not from kit:  chevron border punch, marina mist chevron ribbon, window box, one 8-1/2"x11" sheet of sahara sand cardstock.

Thanks for stopping by today for your daily SSInkspiration! Don't forget to check out our Facebook and Pinterest pages for even MORE Inkspiration!

1 comment:

  1. GREAT projects! I love the little flip cards on this inside...what a fun idea!

    ReplyDelete