Thursday, May 15, 2014

A is for Apple...

...and E is for e-cutter!
 
Hi!  Bree here from Craft-somnia Momma.  Today I'm here to share with you a fun little creation I made using My Digital Studio and my e-cutter.
 
How many of you have entered the amazing world of e-cutters?  I purchased one shortly after the last year's Stampin' Up! Convention, but have only just recently started really using it, and I LOVE it!!!  Pair up with My Digital Studio (MDS), your creative possibilities are endless!
 
Last week was Teacher Appreciation week and I wanted to make something fun for my boys teachers, in the shape of an apple, of course! 
 
I created this fun little box by merging the apple stamp from the A is for Apple stamp brush set in MDS into my e-cutter software.  After a few quick clicks, the apple was re-sized and sent to be cut.   Below are a few pictures of how easily this box was to put together:
Two apple shapes were cut out, one as the top and one as the bottom.  I cut the stem off of the bottom piece of the box.  Two strips of paper, measuring 1-1/4" x 12", were cut, to create the inside of the box.  I scored each piece at 1/4" lengthwise (black line).

From the short side of the score mark, I cut from the edge of the paper to the score line every 1-1/2 - 2" to create a circle for the inside of the box.

Adhere first strip, formed into a circle, to the bottom side of the box using Sticky Strip or Tombow glue.  Place the second strip inside the first circle and adhere the top side of the box.
 
The outside of the box was embellished using stamps from the A is for Apple Stamp and The Very Bestest stamp brush sets, some gold stars and sequins and a leaf from the Autumn Accent Bigz Die.
 
Thanks for dropping by today!  I hope I have INKspired you to CREATE with your e-cutter today!
 


Thanks for stopping by today for your daily SSInkspiration! Don't forget to check out our Facebook and Pinterest pages for even MORE Inkspiration!

1 comment:

  1. This turned out so stinking cute! I love the little ruler on the outside, great touch for a teacher!

    ReplyDelete