Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Craft Room Tour - Stuck on Stampin'

Hi all...it's Heidi from Stuck on Stampin' and I am so excited to share with you today at SSINK! For my individual post I wanted to do something a little different, so instead of showing you a card, project, or tutorial I thought I would share with you my craft room ~ better known as my work zone!!

Now before you read on...please understand that the room I am about to share with you has been cleaned/organized literally a couple of days before I took these pictures so this is why you will see everything looking "just so". I haven't even had the chance to go in there to play yet! I had just taken a bulky piece of furniture out and added a few other smaller pieces in and decided it needed a major re-organization while I was at it (for the umpteenth time). Everything now has its place...again!

My craft room is constantly changing, but the biggest change came when I did my craft room makeover in January 2013. I promise you that it looks messy at times, too (there's evidence of that at the end of the post)!! But for now...here are the "pretty" pictures!

Let's get started!!
{Please leave a comment if you have any questions about something you see!}

This is what you see standing in the doorway of my craft room. I actually just added this extra table on Saturday (I took my poor son's Lego table away from him...LOL!) I really needed some extra space to work at and this just fit the bill perfectly. Now I have an "L-shaped" table where I can work on one part and have my laptop and other mess on another.

You'll notice on this small desk is a jar with washi tape and my embellishment holder. I want to keep this part of my workspace as uncluttered as possible. This is where I'll be doing most of the work.

If you take a step back out of the doorway...this is the complete view of my room (minus the corner to your right). It's literally a 10x10 space that I consider my "crafting oasis". I like most everything with clean lines and as much as I can, I like to put random things away and out of view, so I have a closet covered with a curtain where a lot of "non-SU" (hardly used) products are hiding.

This is my original workspace and although it worked, I am really looking forward to working on the "L-shape" so I can have more room to spread things out if I need to. If you have any questions about anything you see, ask away!

Here is the underneath of my desk. I still have lots of cubbies to hold things.The filing cabinet to the far right holds all of my 8-1/2 x 11 paper in hanging file folders. It's the best way to keep my paper organized. I just tuck the scraps of each color in the front of each hanging file.

Left side of desk...

Middle of desk...
{The ribbon holders are from Ribbon Roll Control. I love them!}

Right side of desk...
{The little tiered trays hold "unfinished" cards and supplies.}

Right above my main desk is this shelf I purchased from Michaels Craft Store a long while ago. It is more for looking pretty than functionality (most of the buttons in the jars are retired), but it does house some of the punches that don't fit on my Ikea bars

The racks that are holding all my clear mount stamps and Framelits are IKEA DVD racks (unfortunately they no longer sell them). I found the 12x12 paper rack at a store that was going out of business.

Love this hutch! Found it in the "as is" section at Ikea three or so years ago. You'll also see I have another DVD rack that holds some of my dies. I should have taken a few more up close pictures of some of the things on this hutch, but just let me know if you see anything you have a question about.

What's inside the bottom part of the hutch...

 I used to have a big bulky desk in this corner, but it just wasn't being used and would become a place for me to pile stuff on top of. We ended up moving the desk into my daughter's room and I took the shelf she had in there. This works perfectly for my Silhouette Machine to go on top and the little organizing drawers tuck just right into each cubby hole. 

Now...I really don't want to do this part, but in my effort to show you the VAST improvement of this room, I have created a collage of pictures I took the morning I decided to clean and re-organize. You'll see the extra desk I removed from the room and the card table I was using as my "second space" to work at...or shall I say dump stuff on top of.


Thanks for visiting SSINK today and letting me give you a little tour of my craft room!

Thanks for stopping by today for your daily SSInkspiration! Don't forget to check out our Facebook and Pinterest pages for even MORE Inkspiration!

13 comments:

  1. oh my goodness what a transformation!!! You did an awesome organizing your supplies and cleaning up! Thanks for sharing as I always love seeing the craft rooms that people create in!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummmm....you have INKspired me! All I want to do is clean my craft room now! SO PRETTY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful room!!! Love all of your storage!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your room!!! I also love the before pics - it's nice to see that I'm not the only one that has a room that looks like that more often than not :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to make sure people knew that it doesn't always look like a museum...just keeping it real! ;)

      Delete
  5. I am in love with your craft room and totally jealous!!! I love your style of cards and now I can see why / where you create wonderful cards and projects to share with us - TY for sharing your craft room !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pamela, Thank you so much for your message!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful room! I really love the Color. Thanks for the ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your craft room. What color did you paint the walls?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Martha, it's called Teal Zeal and I got it from Home Depot. Can't remember the brand!

      Delete
  8. This is just amazing. I love every single thing about it. I have got to get to Ikea soon so I can get those bars for my punches!! I love having them out so I can see them and right now they are in a drawer! Thanks for sharing and all your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a beautiful room. Now I want to go home and clean up my space!!!!

    ReplyDelete