Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Paper Bag Card by Pam

Paper bag Card
Hello there!  It's Pam from Stampin in the Sun. It's been awhile since I had an individual post... crazy life right now!  More on that later.  Today I have a Paper Bag Card for you.  Thanks to Ronda Wade for the awesome inspiration... This is her idea, however all of the designs are mine!  We will be making this card on May 17th in my Watercolor Wonder Class.  
Grab lunch bag - I bought them at Walmart where they sell both white and brown.  I like variety so I bought both!  You fold it in half and glue down the bottom "flap".  
I know this picture is upside down but I messed up so I wanted to show you the way it should look to you.  Since every paper bag is a different size, I didn't give exact dimensions.  I glued down a piece of card stock to what will be the front.  You will see that the opening is on the other side - so when you open the card there is the opening.  (Hope that doesn't sound super confusing!)

I made two "pull out" pages... I plan to add a picture and journaling.  You can make a page for each person who is signing the card, or even a memory or funny quote for each page.
You'll notice one sneak peek with the "mini" punch flower.  SO cute!  I love the replacement for the Itty Bitty Punch Pack!  Also, I used the Watercolor Wonder DSP for this page.
This is the first "card" I made using the Retro Fresh Suite of products...  btw this is a case of Ronda's work!  You can really see how the page pulls out.
And now for the fronts... you can see how I decorated the three books/ cards.  This first one is my favorite!
I absolutely LOVE the Watercolor Wonder DSP and won't know what to do without it!
As you can see I made a matching envelope using the Envelope Punch Board.  Super cute, eh?
Here's my example using the brown paper bags.  Still super cute!  I didn't get a great picture of the inside of the card but I lined it with an entire sheet of paper that I cut down to 5 1/4 x 10 3/4.  It's Designer Series Paper so it has a pretty pattern but it's plain enough to write on!

Thanks so much for checking out my tutorial!  I hope I gave you some great ideas for your mom, a teacher or even a friend in your life!  Go make a meaningful card "gift" now!  :)


Thanks for stopping by today for your daily SSInkspiration! Don't forget to check out our Facebook and Pinterest pages for even MORE Inkspiration!

1 comment:

  1. super fun idea! These would be fun for kids to make as well! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete