Welcome back! It's Pam Steckman here from Stampin in the Sun 77! I have been looking for a great gift card holder for quite awhile. I have finally found it! Keep reading for more information about how you can make it (and check out SEVERAL examples).
This is SIMPLY the BEST gift card holder ever! It's so easy to make, you are going to be amazed! The original card idea came from a video that Jackie Topa did, feel free to google it if you need more than my written instructions! :) Here's what the finished project will look like:
Super easy directions:
1. Cut Smoky Slate (Coastal Cabana below) 4.25" x 11 and score on the long side at 2", 7 1/4", 7 3/8.
2. Punch the Smoky Slate piece (the side that is between 7 3/8" and 11") at 1" and 3 1/4" using the envelope punch board.
3. Cut a card stock piece for the inside (Basic Black above, Bermuda Bay below) measuring 6 1/2" x 3 3/4" and score at 1 3/4" and 6".
5. Fold up the 1 3/4" side and adhere a piece of DSP on the front (I used a 1 1/2" x 3 1/2" piece of Witches Brew DSP). You do not adhere, you simply fold it. Stick this inside the "pocket". Push as far down as it can go.
4. Fold back the 1/2" side and put glue on it as seen above. I put this part as straight as possible and pushed as far down as possible.
5. Then close the top and rub for 30 seconds to make sure it took hold.
It should look like this when it's open:
6. For the front I used a Pumpkin Pie piece measuring 2 1/2" x 3 1/2" and a piece of the Witches Brew DSP measuring 2 3/4" x 3 3/4". I used the same dimensions for each card front.
7. When you open the card the gift card should slightly slid out.
Here are a few other finished projects for you:
Perfect gift card holder for Christmas!
Love the "Naughty or Nice" stamp! Both stamps used in this card were from the "Very Merry Tags" Stamp Set (#130402/ $17.95).
I made this one for my cousin's wedding that I couldn't attend in Colorado last week!
I used Dazzling Details around the edge to make it look like frosting!! If you love this cake as much as me, you can order it too! It comes from the adorable set called Love and Laughter (#128433/ $22.95).
Thanks for checking out my Gift Card Mania at Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration! Please check out my personal blog post here for a few more examples (yes, I had to keep making more!) and to email me with questions!