Monday, October 28, 2013

Layering Punches

Hi!  Kristy here to on Stampin' Stylin' Inkspiration on this fine Monday.  I wanted to share a quick technique that adds a lot of punch (no pun intended) to a card - layering punched elements. 
 
I love using punches.  In fact, I have a wall full of them.  While dies are great, with punches, I don't have pull out my Big Shot and hope I line everything up correctly.  I can sit down, stamp and punch to quickly create the image I want.
 
Here are 3 cards that I used at least 3 punches layered on top of each other to create a focal point.  Each card includes the 1-3/4" Circle, Decorative Label Punch, and the Extra Large Oval.
 

For my first card, I used my Versamark ink pad to stamp the leaf stamp from the Best of Autumn stamp set on my card base.  The sentiment is also from the same set, but I colored "Give" first and stamped it and followed with the "Thanks", to create a stacked sentiment that would fit in the Extra Large Oval.


On this card, I punched 2 Word Window strips.  They are layered on top of each other behind the Extra Large Oval to create a longer strip and help anchor probably my favorite sentiment from Yippee-Skippee.


For my last card, I wanted to create a more masculine card.  I used Gorgeous Grunge to create the background.  I actually hand cut "You're The Best" from a larger stamp on Hello, Lovely stamp set.  Using Stampin' Dimensionals helps add an extra pop to the card.



I hope you have enjoyed this post.  Get out there and try layering different punches together and see what you get.  Don't forget, all the stamps from this post (except Best of Autumn) are 25% off on the Stampin' Up site today.

Thanks for stopping by today for your daily SSInkspiration! Don't forget to check out our Facebook and Pinterest pages for even MORE Inkspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment