Thursday, October 17, 2013

One Design...Four Cards with Tags 4 You!

Hi Everyone! This is Jennifer Blomquist from Northwest Stamper and I'm so excited to be back again on the Stylin' Stampin' Inkspiration blog to share some more fun project ideas.

Today I thought I would share with you the idea of taking one card design, mixing up some elements and creating a fun set of cards for any variety of occasions and needs! In this specific case, I reached for my Tags 4 You stamp set and decided to make a set of holiday cards - one for each of the sentiments in the box.


So, just in case you can't tell from the picture above, the stamp set includes sentiments for Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Valentine's Day.

Tags 4 You Bundle - #133294
(get the bundle and save 15% on both the punch & stamp set!)

I got started by designing one design using the Tags 4 You stamp set and the coordinating Label Bracket punch. Ok, actually I started out by embossing each of the sentiments in different colors of cardstock and embossing powder.... then I started trying to figure out what the heck I was going to do with them. :)

But I liked the idea of the "peek-a-boo" cards where you have a patterned paper that peeks through punched holes in a cardstock layer. So, that is what I started with...


However, once I had my two bracket punches punched out, it looked like too much pattern paper showing through, so I knew I had to do something different. So, I took one of the punched out bracket punches and cut it in half and overlapped each half on the right and left sides of the Vanilla cardstock layer... check out the picture below to see what I mean.
 


Then to break up the Very Vanilla plain layer, I grabbed my Basic Black marker, ruler, and my Grid Paper and drew a border. Add my embossed layer and done!

Take that same design and stamp set and just switch out the colors and design paper and you have a fun set of 4 cards ready to go in no time!

Halloween & Thanksgiving

 

Christmas & Valentine's Day


So, grab a stamp set and give it a try. It is a great way to build up your stash of cards in no time!

Thanks for stopping by today for your daily SSInkspiration! Don't forget to check out our Facebook and Pinterest pages for even MORE Inkspiration!

2 comments:

  1. I love how your ink to paper makes it look like you have a frame of DSP around the outer edge!

    ReplyDelete