Wednesday, October 30, 2013

So Thankful for Thankful Tablescape Simply Created Kit

Good morning! I'm so excited to be sharing a fun project today since Halloween is tomorrow and then it's time to start thinking about Thanksgiving I'm sharing this great Thanksgiving tablescape I created. When Stampin' Up! released this years Holiday catalog I was really excited to see the Thankful Tablescape Simply Created Kit however since we visit friends from college and their family each year it's a large gathering and one kit would not be enough (and it was too expensive to buy multiple kits) so I decided to use elements from the kit to create this great projects (and I still have lots of pieces left for other fun projects.

The first project is this fun napkin ring. I took two of the coordinating pieces of DSP from the kit and cut them down and layered them and used sticky strip to make the ring. Next I wrapped some Linen Thread around the ring a couple of times. I took some leaves (some were from the kit) and some were cut out with the Big Shot and the Autumn Accents Bigz Die and Sweater Weather Designer Series Paper (this DSP package has the same, plus some additional patterns as the Tablescape kit, perfect). I took the leaves crumbled them up and sponged them with Sahara Sand Ink (I'm going to state this now so I don't have so say it several other times in this post, anytime I used the paper cut leaves I crumbled and sponged them in the same way). I also cut an acorn with the same Bigz Die and cut it out twice, once in Chocolate Chip (that was embossed with the Perfect Polka Dot Embossing Folder) and a second time with the Champagne Shimmer Paper and trimmed so you just use the top. The acorn is attached to the leaves and the napkin ring with a dimensional and is finished with a bow I made with the Linen Thread.

Next up is a name card and this was another area that was going to need more than the ten elements that come with the Tablescape kit so I used the Labels Thinlit Die and the Big Shot to cut the flip card base in Sahara Sand. I added a strip of Sweater Weather DSP down the center and wrapped some Linen Thread around the middle. For the label I cut a piece of Very Vanilla with the matching label framelit in the set so it just fits inside the base and stamped using the Truly Grateful stamp set, the wheat image in Sahara Sand and the greeting in Tangerine Tango. I also added a leaf that was cut the same as above for the napkin ring. The name banner is a piece from the same Thinlit card set (love all the different pieces that come in this set). The final touch was to add a piece of Early Espresso Core'd'nations cardstock that is embossed with the Woodgrain Embossing folder being being sanded and attached to the base. I tore along the edge for a more rustic texture.

Next up is a candle for the center of the table and I wrapped around the candle with the Textured Wood Paper Ribbons and some Burlap Ribbon. I also added several leaves and an acorn to to the candle so the same elements and colors from all the pieces coordinate. I added one of the Naturals Designer Buttons (with a bow tied with Linen Thread) and the greeting is from the Harvest of Thanks stamp set and was cut out with the Itty Bitty Banners framelits.

I made three of these candles in different sizes, the one above is for my table, this one to the right is larger and it's a gift for our Thanksgiving host, and will be used with the rest of the tablescape elements I created, and the candle below is the smallest and is in my living room since it's open to the dining room and is perfect on the coffee table.
Coordinating coffee table candle.



The final item I just wanted to show you is a Thankful Journal I created using just the elements from the Thankful Tablescape Simply Created Kit (all I added were the rings on top and the Naturals Button). This is a journal I taught in a class earlier in the month and is a perfect keepsake to record what each person is thankful for along with their picture.
It's amazing how much project is in this one kit, and I still have lots of pieces left to make cards, and any other project I may desire. I hope I've given you some fun ideas for this kit so you can give it a try and see what you can come up with. It really make decorating for fall and Thanksgiving a breeze.

Happy stamping,

Diana

Thanks for stopping by today for your daily SSInkspiration! Don't forget to check out our Facebook and Pinterest pages for even MORE Inkspiration!

2 comments: