Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Techniques for Tuesday

Hi! Darcy here from Dj's Stampin' Place with a fun technique called Folded Frame. I think it looks really cool, and is SO much easier to make than it looks! First up, the tutorial!

For your frame, you will start with a 4-1/4" X 4-1/4" square piece of double-sided scrapbook paper. One of the reasons that I love Stampin' Up!'s Designer Series Paper is that it is two-sided and it coordinates!

Grab your Simply Scored Tool and the Diagonal Scoring Plate. You will score each side at 2-1/8" and 2-7/8". I used my markers to remind me, so I didn't have to think about it every time I turned the paper.


Next you will fold inward on the "deepest" score line. You will want to use your Bone Folder to really crease those folds.


Then fold backwards on the other score lines. Be sure to use the Bone Folder on these too.


To hold the frame together and give it some dimension, I put a Stampin' Dimensional under each flap. This part is harder to explain, so the picture helps alot. Make sure to do both of them all on four sides, too.


Your folded frame is complete! I wanted more of the Pool Party pattern to show through around my image, similar to a mat, so I went ahead and glued all my flaps down. If you wanted to use a larger stamped image, you will want to wait to secure your inner pieces until you've glued it down.

Here is my finished card:


Thanks for stopping by today! You can visit my personal blog to find out about the other techniques used on this card, and a full list of supplies. Also, you won't want to miss out on the Easter treats some of the ladies will have for you here tomorrow!

Thanks for stopping by today for your daily SSInkspiration! Don't forget to check out our Facebook and Pinterest pages for even MORE Inkspiration!

4 comments:

  1. Fun and easy technique to show us. Thanks! I have never done a card with this element, but will try it now for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute way to show off both sides of the DSP! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete