Friday, April 11, 2014

Shaving Cream Technique

Hello everyone, Tonya here from Stampin' With Tonya. I have a technique to share with you. It isn't a new one but one that seems to get forgot about. I put together a picture tutorial for you and a bonus project. It is the Shaving Cream Technique and the supplies you need are:
Shaving Cream (I got the cheapest I could find), Container to hold the Shaving Cream (I used a Wood Mount Case), Reinkers, Toothpick or something to mix with, Gloves if you want to keep your hand ink free and Whisper White Card Stock. 
 Step 1: Fill you case with Shaving Cream and spread it out if needed.
Step 2: Add drops of Reinker through out. You can use more than one color at a time or just one like I have above. This is Strawberry Slush. 

Step 3: Using a tool swirl your reinker in the Shaving Cream. The more swirl the more designs you will see on your paper. Don't over mix though. 

Step 4: Press your card stock into the shaving cream. After I lift it out I press another piece of Card stock into the first one so that I get two piece with one application. 

Bonus: I have used this technique to dye eggs and wanted to share an egg that was rolled in the Shaving Cream to decorate it. This was rolled after I pressed the card stock in the Shaving Cream and the design is very marbled like. 

Step 5: Separate the two pieces of card stock and check out your design. You will need to wipe off any excess Shaving Cream and let the card stock dry. 

 I made several different color combos and these are the eggs I made.

 This eggs was a combo of Strawberry Slush, Crushed Curry and Pool Party while the egg below is Tempting Turquoise.
 I made a quick egg holder out of the Fresh Prints Designer Paper Stack and Real Red Card Stock that was punched along the edge with the Scallop Border Punch. Finally I made a card with the Whisper White Card Stock and what better use of the paper than to make a basket of eggs. I used the following card stock, Baked Brown Sugar, Soft Sky, Strawberry Slush, Whisper White. Framelit: Oval Collection, Deco Label Collection, Bitty Banners Collection, Square Lattice Embossing folder. The Ribbon is the Whisper White Stitched Ribbon and I sponged the Soft Sky with Whisper White Craft Ink. The Stamp is from the Teeny Tiny Wishes Stamp Set and I stamped it in Jet Black Stazon.
I hope you enjoyed today's Tutorial and remember if you like to you can pin it. 

Thanks for stopping by today for your daily SSInkspiration! Don't forget to check out our Facebook and Pinterest pages for even MORE Inkspiration!

3 comments:

  1. WOW! This is such a fun and super easy technique. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable!! I LOVE the basket card too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tonya I love both your card and Easter egg, what a great way to show how to use a technique in multiple ways!

    ReplyDelete