Tuesday, November 12, 2013

A Banner Day

Happy Tuesday!
Have you ever heard the phrase "It's a banner day" or "It's a banner year"?

A "banner day" is a day during which a business or individual enjoys tremendous success. In American English, when a period of time is described as "banner" it means that it was highly successful. For example, Longman's Dictionary of Contemporary English defines "a banner year" as "a year which is good because something is successful."

Banners are super popular right now as you may well know. In my post today I'm sharing two banners I've made. Both relatively simple a,though one of them is quite long because it's a phrase not a single word. I would have shared a third one but my silver ribbon that I wanted to hang it with is making like Harry Houdini and disappeared at the most inopportune moment. I'll share it on my blog Craft Smashup at a later date. 

For now please enjoy these lovely banners.

The first one is for Thanksgiving. If I was in my own house at the moment I would have this hanging above my sideboard over where the basket of Autumn flowers would be.



I used Crushed Curry, Soft Suede and Old Olive and Cajun Craze inks
Sweater Weather DSP, Cajun Craze card stock
burlap ribbon


This one is a festive little banner. Perfect in size for those smaller places that you want to add a little Christmas charm to.



I used Real Red and Old Olive inks
Season of Style DSP, Red Glimmer paper, Very Vanilla CS
Gold stampin' glitter, crystal effects, Real Red stitched ribbon



And have a banner day! :)


Shellie 

Thanks for stopping by today for your daily SSInkspiration! Don't forget to check out our Facebook and Pinterest pages for even MORE Inkspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment