Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Meet Cheryl

Hi everyone!  I'm taking over the Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration Blog today where I get to tell you about myself!

I was raised in Hawaii (my dad was a minister who worked with servicemen & women on Oahu) and love the beach, hiking, and all the local culture & food!  I became a Pediatric Nurse, starting in Honolulu, then moving to Colorado because I'd never seen snow.  That was quite an experience:  learning to dress for cold weather, drive on icy roads, & to ski- which I love!  Met my husband, Pat, when he was a surgical resident at Denver Children's.  We ended up on Maui about 30 years ago, where we raised our 2 daughters, Jenny & Malia.
Jenny got married a few months ago & she's a nurse on a trauma unit in Texas.  Malia graduated from UT, Austin, and will soon be heading to Syracuse, NY to work with refugees.
15042261_10210147543899494_3988875181067028928_o-2


Oh,  can't forget my pride & joy, Swiffer!

I've always enjoyed crafting!  I first got into stamping when Jenny was in preschool.  Once a week, my friend, Wendy, & I would drop the kids off then head over to her house for a morning of stamping fun!  I remember getting so excited when I discovered you could stamp with different colors.  Everything was 1 layer back then.  But just like skiing on the Bunny Hill is exciting when you start out, every card we made was exciting & fun!
I've been a Stampin' Up! demonstrator for about 6 years now & I just love it!  Being creative is fun & relaxing, but it's the friendships I've made that have been an unexpected bonus!  I've been a part of the SSINK Design Team since last year.  It's a huge challenge for me and quite an honor.  Everyone on the team has been so encouraging and helpful!
I'm not sure how to describe my style.  My favorite type of card is a "Fun Fold".  I'll show you a few that I've made:
ssink-thanksgiving-card-create-with-cheryl-2

Before I go, here's my latest project.  I was inspired by these new stamps I found at the Post Office!

Matched up the cardstock with the stamps:  So Saffron, Mint Macaron, Real Red, Flirty Flamingo, Early Espresso, & Chocolate Chip, and reached for the Cool Treats Suite!




Cased this cute card from Michelle at Stampin' 365.  She always has the most beautiful cards- thanks Michelle!
Thanks so much for spending time with me today!

Thanks for stopping by today for your daily SSInkspiration! Don't forget to check out our Facebook and Pinterest pages for even MORE Inkspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment