Tuesday, January 17, 2017

This Is Tobe

Hello everyone! Today, I’m excited to share a little about me and show you my crafting space!

Halloween 2015 (only recent pic of my husband)

I’m Tobe and I love crafting, reading, geeking out, learning, and playing with my kids. I’m originally from Fort Wayne, IN, but now reside in the San Francisco Bay Area. In a former life, I was a high school history teacher, then a receptionist for an adoption agency, and finally a project manager at an educational tech company. These days I’m a SAHM and a Stampin’ Up demonstrator. My days are filled with trying to run a household filled with boys while finding time to craft and hold classes and indulge in a bit of me time (usually reading with a glass of wine). I have a super nerdy UX designer husband, Josh (who hates having his picture taken) and four boys: Nicholas (13), Alexander (13), Arthur (3), and Quentin (3 months). With Q’s birth a few months ago, our family is complete. I will forever be the mom of 4 boys! The twins are currently in 8th grade and turning into teenagers right before my eyes. Arthur is in the midst of potty training (oh joy). And Quentin is just my happy little baby. I’m loving this stage of life right now.

From this summer (pre-baby): Arthur, Alex, and Nick

As for crafting, I began scrapbooking about 8 years ago. I wasn’t very good and looking back I cringe at some of layouts. But it’s all a part of the learning process. I went back and scrapbooked the twins early years until I was caught up to present day. After attending a ton of fun crop days, I started to dive in with my own supplies. And then I moved to Omaha, NE where my now husband lived. Once settled in, I joined a Stampin’ Up Stamp Club run by a very nice local demo. She opened my eyes to new styles, techniques, and the company. I was hooked! In less than a year, we moved to the San Francisco Bay Area.

Quentin and Arthur

I wasn’t here three weeks before I joined a local card Meetup run by our very own Pamela Wu! I loved her card and teaching style. We have become great friends over the almost 5 years that I’ve known her. I eventually joined her stamp club and expanded my supplies. In the meantime, I discovered Project Life style scrapbooking when Arthur was born. These days I am constantly working on five PL style scrapbook albums: one family and one for each of my kids.

My littlest: Quentin

Then in April 2014, I jumped in with both feet and became a Stampin’ Up demonstrator. Over the last few years, I’ve further developed my craft and created my own stamp club and customer base. I must say that I have met some wonderful people, customers and demos, through my Stampin’ Up business. These days I’m getting back into the swing of classes and crafting. I’ve also fallen deep into the planner craze. I currently have an everyday planner and a memory planner just for me (both Happy Planners).

My pretty pretty planners!

And now on to the part everyone wants to know about: my crafting space. Living in a home with 6 people and a husband who works from home half the week leaves little space for just me. Thankfully my home comes with a butler’s pantry in between the kitchen and dining room. I have no idea why a home my size (~2200 sq ft) needs a butler’s pantry, but it does. Upon moving in, I immediately staked my claim and starting filling the upper and lower cabinets with crafting supplies. As you look at the counter, I have different sections for different crafts. The left side is reserved for my Project Life albums. I usually have one of the albums open and in progress at any given time. The middle portion of the counter has some of my PL cards (in the drawers), SU markers, and administrative stuff (order forms, things to send, etc). The right portion is just for my card making. I have all my tools in the drawers or the standing containers. Paper, ink, and stamps are above and punches, dies, and the Big Shot are below. I set up my space two years ago thinking I would redo it eventually, but it works for me. The only thing that has changed is that the cabinets have gotten fuller!





Thanks for letting me share a bit about me and my life with you today. Now I need to get back to crafting while the baby naps and the toddler is playing quietly (a rare occurrence in this house). If you want to see more of what I do, pop on over to my blog The Craft Sea.


Tobe

Thanks for stopping by today for your daily SSInkspiration! Don't forget to check out our Facebook and Pinterest pages for even MORE Inkspiration!

2 comments:

  1. Love getting to know you, Tobe! Beautiful family!! And I love the way you're making the best use of your Butler's Pantry!

    ReplyDelete