Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Oh Christmas Tree ~ by Breelin Renwick

Hi there!  Breelin here from Craft-somnia Momma and today I'm sharing some cute little Christmas trees that were inspired after a trip to a local craft store over the weekend.  Don't you love seeing something in a store and know you can make it on your own...for half the cost too!
With the idea fresh in my mind after my trip, I got to work, only to discover I only had one roll of the Burlap and Natural Chevron Ribbon...ugh!  Thankfully my upline and downlines came to my rescue :-)
 
I wrapped each floral foam cone in some retired DSP (happy to use it up!) then began pinning each piece of looped ribbon and DSP.
The ribbon and DSP were all cut at 4" long, folded in half and pinned to the cone.
 

 Next I got some of the Cherry Cobble Seam Binding Ribbon wet, crumpled it up and let it dry.  I love the effect that you get with this technique!
 
 
The ribbon was then pinned to look like garland on the tree.
I repeated the ribbon and DSP pattern all the way to the top.  I then topped off each tree with a star from the Many Merry Stars Simply Created Kit.  I finished off the trees with some gold stars and gold sequin trim.
Quick, easy and so much fun!
 
Supplies Used:
Paper ~ Typeset DSP, Under the Tree Specialty DSP
Other Supplies ~ Burlap Ribbon, Natural Chevron Ribbon, Cherry Cobbler Seam Binding Ribbon, Gold Sequin Trim, Many Merry Stars Simply Created Kit, Floral Foam Cone 
 
Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope I've INKspired you to CREATE today!




Thanks for stopping by today for your daily SSInkspiration! Don't forget to check out our Facebook and Pinterest pages for even MORE Inkspiration!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE these Bree! Awesome, I may have to make these, if I have time, so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bree...these trees are SO CUTE! Love your post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is awesome! Love these little trees. Could make a lovely gift for my Mom. Something that could be a year around design. Thanks for sharing the wet ribbon technique, I have been wondering how others did it and was gonna ask you! You read my mind!

    ReplyDelete