Friday, October 10, 2014

MDS with Donna!

Ever look at one of your projects and think to yourself, "This would be SUCH a cute cell phone wallpaper?!"

Welcome to my world :)   Donna here, from Organized Chaos to show you just how EASY it is to make your own cell phone wallpaper!!

First thing first:  You need to Google (or Bing, or whatever search engine you use!) your cell phone's screen resolution size.
I have a Nexus 5, my screen resolution is 1080 x 1920 pixels.
Okay:  so now what?
Open MDS and create a Custom project in that size (you can change the drop down menus from Inches to Pixels)

This project will be pretty small in comparison to most of your elements, so be forewarned, you will be shrinking stuff to fit your page :)  No worries, it will still look amazing on your phone.  You may even get "this will look pixelated when printed" error message.  Just click okay and ignore it.  We're not printing. 

Here is the one I made for September
**  This is very important!!  Do not forget to take into account where your home buttons are!!   I left the bottom of mine pretty blank so that my buttons would be visible and not annoying.
Here is what it looks like on my phone:

Now:  Here comes the fun and tricky part......How do I get this from My Digital Studio...onto my phone?!
Well...I guess it depends on your phone!
First thing first:  when you're happy with your project in MDS, click Share, then Export as Jpeg, then chose a folder on your desktop to put the picture in.
as for transferring,
For me, I use a program called Dropbox.  It's an app on my phone, and its a folder on my desktop.  Anything I put in either place shows up in both places.  example:  I export the image from MDS into a folder in my Dropbox folder and then it shows up in my Dropbox folder on my phone.  I then can download it into my phone's photo gallery and set it as my wallpaper.

If you do not use a program similar to dropbox, you can email it to yourself!  Then download it onto your phone from your email program.

You can also use your USB cable and literally attach your phone to your computer and transfer it that way.
**** iPhone users - I have an android, I'm SURE there is a way to just put it in your cloud from your desktop and share it that way, but I am i-illiterate so please forgive me.

Here is what I am using this month:
 original and in use
This is a GREAT way to use your Project Life images...these cute little journaling cards are PERFECT!

I hope this inspires you to jazz up your cell phone anytime you feel like it!!  The best part...you can use some DSP and a clear case for your phone and jazz up the case as well!!  (but that's a whole different post!)

Thanks for stopping in today!  If you have any questions about using MDS to make your very own personal cell phone wall paper, please leave a comment below and I'll do my best to help you out!
~Donna

Thanks for stopping by today for your daily SSInkspiration! Don't forget to check out our Facebook and Pinterest pages for even MORE Inkspiration!

3 comments: