Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Creating Your Own Design

Darla here today showing you how I designed my own background paper.  Before I started I had in mind I wanted to make some 3 x 3 cards and a candy holder. I love making my own background paper especially using a 2 step stamp set like Stippled Blossoms. I chose some of my favorite colors to use. 

Started by stamping Wisteria Wonder ink randomly over the half sheet of cardstock with the largest shadow stamp.
Next took the matching outline stamp in Perfect Plum ink over the first stamped images. 
I did this with the leaves images using Pear Pizzazz and Wild Wasabi. Also the little flowers stamped w So Saffron and Crushed Curry until I got the paper stamped the way I wanted it.
After it was all stamped it was time to decide how best to get layers for my cards and candy holder. I knew I wanted to cut it so I could get 4 pieces for my 3 by 3 cards.  Here is a template i made using the vellum cardstock so I will have it on hand to use the next time. I will be able to use the template an put under my stamped background paper. Also use with our DSP as well.
Here are my finished 4 cards w stamped envelopes and my candy holder. I decided I wanted to use the Gifts of Kindness stamp set for the words on my projects.
This view shows what the candy holder looks like on the inside.

This is the 2 x 5 1/2 being punched on both ends w the Angled Tag Top Punch.

Hoped you learn how easy it is to design YOUR own background paper too!






Thanks for stopping by today for your daily SSInkspiration! Don't forget to check out our Facebook and Pinterest pages for even MORE Inkspiration!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome way to use one sheet of paper! Cute cards too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete