Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Burlap Photo Frame w/ Flowers

Good morning, its Cynthia here from Ink a Doodle Creations.  I am so excited to be sharing my latest project with you today at Stylin' Stampin' INKspiration! 

When I go into a craft store, I don't always go in for a current project.  Sometimes I just like to go in and stock my closet with items for future projects.  You know, in case there is a rainy day with no house work to be done, no cooking and I'm bored senseless... (YEA RIGHT!!!)  like I have any days like that around this house, but a girl can dream can't she?!

I decided to head to the closet and pick a fun item to work with.  I found these cute wooden photo frames and got to work with my idea.  Make sure you read thru the whole post, cause I have a quick guide to making these cute flowers at the end.

 
So the frame has just been wrapped with burlap ribbon and hot glued in place.  My home is decorated with a country rustic feel and this burlap frame is perfect.  I'm thinking of putting a Mother's Day picture inside with my boys. 
 
 

 
Now we are getting up close and personal with the flowers.  The large center flower I created in strawberry slush using the spiral flower big shot die.  I used two together to make it nice and full.  The two calypso coral flowers are made using the pansy flower punch.  Now the vanilla flowers I created using the fringe scissors and the leaves are created using the med. oval punch.

After all the flowers were in place, I thought the upper corner looked a little bare.  So I cut out the shape using the beautiful butterflies die, used the swallowtail stamp, stamped in versa mark and heat embossed it with gold powder on vellum, colored the underneath with matching colors as the flowers and layered it with a vanilla shape to help the colored butterfly stand out.  I then cut out another in strawberry slush to layer underneath.
 
HOW TO MAKE THESE EASY LAYERED FLOWERS
 
 You will need two punched flowers, two med. oval punches and a cardstock strip. Mine is 1-1/2" x 11".  Start by cutting a slit to half way point with one flower.
 Glue and over lap two of the petals so it forms a rounded shape.  glue this down to the top of the other flower and add a pearl to the center.
 With your two ovals, these will be the leaves. Punch and add as many as you want. Cut a short slit at the bottom, glue and over lap them like in the photo.  Now these are not inked up, but you wish to do that like on the finished project above.
 With the fringe scissors, cut along the length of strip.  Start rolling and glue together with a piece of red line.
 This is what it looks like after rolled.  Just use your fingers and fluff away!
 To color the tips, after I fluffed the flower, I rolled it around on top of the ink pad.  When done, this is what it looks like.
 The leaves are just glued to the bottom of the flower and placed around the other ones above once I was ready to glue them to the frame.
 
Supplies Used
Cardstock ~ very vanilla, strawberry slush, calypso coral, vellum, old olive
Ink ~ strawberry slush, calypso coral, old olive
Stamp Set ~ swallowtail
Punches ~ med. oval punch, pansy flower punch
Other Supplies ~ beautiful butterflies die, basic & large pearls, burlap ribbon, spiral flower die
 
I hope you have enjoyed my burlap flower frame along with my quick guide on how I made these flowers.  Nothing fancy, but just nice, quick and easy 3-D flowers you can create using punches.  Don't forget to leave some "love", as I always enjoy reading your comments.

Thanks for stopping by today for your daily SSInkspiration! Don't forget to check out our Facebook and Pinterest pages for even MORE Inkspiration!

4 comments:

  1. WOW! Your flowers are SO CUTE! Thanks for the great tutorial on creating them! You Rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so pretty!!! Great job on your tutorial! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful. LOVE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete