Thursday, September 19, 2013

Banner Decorating

Hello again from Darcy, aka Stampin' Dj! I'm very excited to share my project with you today because it has a little extra meaning for me.

My project features the Build A Banner Simply Created Kit available in the Holiday Catalog. The kit comes with the full alphabet of stencils, plus everything you see pictured. It comes with 18 canvas pieces, six each of the three designs shown. You can also purchase additional canvas pieces to create more banners!


I will admit, when I first saw this in the catalog, I had no intentions of buying it. Then I started seeing some fabulous projects made with it, and decided I really needed to get it and try it out.

I was really putting pressure on myself for what to create as my first banner. I kept thinking, "fall," but it just didn't feel right. First I'll show you my project, and then I'll discuss it a little more.


A very brief backstory: In 2009, I was diagnosed with Lupus (SLE). Needless to say, my life shifted a bit after that. In 2011, I discovered yoga, and that it really helps with my health. Plus, the focus on gratitude really hit home to me.
This week has been a whirlwind. We are having our only bathroom remodeled, and of course I've been excited about all new everything for the bathroom. This remodel has been a long time coming, and when I was thinking about a banner decoration, that's when it hit me! I can now start every morning with a reminder for an attitude of gratitude.

I, of course, love chevrons, but I chose them on this banner to represent that there will be ups and downs, but always have gratitude for what I do have.





It's not yet hanging on the wall, because there's not a wall to hang it on yet. You will notice that some of the edges are curled a bit. The canvas will do that when you ink it, but after it dries completely, I will flatten them back out.

I used the sponge daubers with Smoky Slate and Cajun Craze ink refills. I did not dilute the ink at all, so the colors are a bit darker than when you'd stamp them, or even compare it to the cardstock.


Thanks for stopping by today and letting me share my banner and inspiration for it with you. I hope you will share your own banner ideas with us. Make sure to stop by again tomorrow when we will feature projects with Washi Tape!

Thanks for stopping by today for your daily SSInkspiration! Don't forget to check out our Facebook and Pinterest pages for even MORE Inkspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment